cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Find the Offender (WF4)

PeterBrown
1-Newbie

Find the Offender (WF4)

I have a medium-sized assmbly (about 80 different components) and I am trying to find its mass and CG. I assigned all the materials but I must have made a mistake in one or more parts because it's wildly overweight. I can figure out how to generate a list of the parts showing their mass individually - I'm sure whatever is wrong would jump right off the screen at that point.

I also tried adding a column to the repeat region on the assembly drawing that would show the mass, but the closest parameter I can find just shows the density and it's not really helpful. I'm sure I've assigned an in-lbm value to a kg-mm-sec part somewhere though.

Any thoughts?

TIA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterBrown)

Add the PRO_MP_MASS parameter to either the BOM or the assembly model tree. The "heavy" component should quickly show up.

[cid:image001.png@01CF0895.B3F37560]
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PeterBrown)

OR simply look at the bottom of the Mass Properties box.

It gives you filename, density, mass, CG (X,Y,Z). If you have sub-assemblies, it only shows the mass and density of the sub-assy, that's when the model tree columns come in really handy.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF0895.914A7900]

Top Tags