cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

For me, it's a bit complicated things.

bduncan
15-Moonstone

For me, it's a bit complicated things.

Hi all

Here is a drawing which called feeding body.How to create it into 3D model?

Be grateful!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you would be better off using 2 revolved conical surfaces rather than a boundary blend as illustrated by a comparison of your curvature plot and the following:

shaded-curvature.jpg

It appears that you have created a blend from the angled edges at the large end to the coplanar edges at the small end; this is going to produce a slight departure from truly conical surfaces as illustrated by your shaded plot. This is critical for your design because you have a conical auger rotating inside. Furthermore, it's likely that you would have trouble converting what you have into an acceptably simple model for rolling the sheet metal into cones.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

This forum really isn't the place for us to do full designs for each other. However, looking quickly at your geometry, maybe a couple of snapshots will help you get started.

feeder_1.jpg

Create Axis A_1 through DTM1 & DTM2, DTM4 through A_1 at an angle to DTM1, A_2 through DTM4 & DTM3, revolved surface on DTM4, mirror about DTM2, and Merge the two surfaces.

Merge, then Thicken.

feeder_2.jpg

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:DavidButz)

Would you like share the modle with me ?

Here you go.

P.S. You better double-check the cone angle dimension; it was garbled in my view of the drawing (I used 10.5).

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Thanks,The picture on the display is the way I designed. Does this curvature can be acceptable?

I think you would be better off using 2 revolved conical surfaces rather than a boundary blend as illustrated by a comparison of your curvature plot and the following:

shaded-curvature.jpg

It appears that you have created a blend from the angled edges at the large end to the coplanar edges at the small end; this is going to produce a slight departure from truly conical surfaces as illustrated by your shaded plot. This is critical for your design because you have a conical auger rotating inside. Furthermore, it's likely that you would have trouble converting what you have into an acceptably simple model for rolling the sheet metal into cones.

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Thank a lot .Bothers my problem is solved.

Top Tags