cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Generative Design Capabilities

vugru
4-Participant

Generative Design Capabilities

Hello,

I am planning to use "Generative Design" tool in Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.3.0; I don't have access to it yet.

Does "Generative Design" tool in Creo 7.0.3 have the following capabilities while optimizing a design space?:
1. Inertia Relief Analysis (without any specified displacement restraints)
2. Modal Analysis
3. Thermal Analysis

If these capabilities are available in a different version of Creo, or, being planned for development, please provide some details.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@vugru 

One thing that may be helpful to know: in Creo 9.0, there will be the ability to split surfaces. This may be a useful workaround. It doesn't quite enable selecting edges/vertices for loads/constraints, but you can create a very small surface to which you can apply the loads/constraints. I hope that's helpful.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:vugru)

@lwestbrookcan you help answer these?

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

Hi @vugru 

1. Nothing in the plans currently. Please do submit an Idea here, though!

2. Coming in Creo 9.0

3. Planned for Creo 10 (this is subject to change).

Luke

vugru
4-Participant
(To:lwestbrook)

Hi @lwestbrook ,

In Generative Design Application within Creo 7.0.3, it looks like I can only choose surfaces to apply restraints and loads. However, the loads and restraints in a design space that I'm trying to optimize are along edges and vertices that are part of preserved geometry. How can I define this? Thanks!

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:vugru)

Hello @vugru 

I anticipate first that I'm not an expert in GDX/GTO, so that if you have follow-up question, I rely on the community to help you further. Alternatively, feel free to open a case with PTC Technical Support on this kind of questions.

Regarding your initial question, please consider that:

• Inertia Relief Analysis is not supported
  • Modal Analysis and Thermal Analysis:
    • Are also not supported in Creo Parametric 7.0
    • But planned for the future as documented in GTO section of Resolution field of article 323850: [Knowledge Hub] Creo Parametric Generative Design Central Resource Page
    • The future is already "here" for the Modal Analysis starting from Creo Parametric 9.0:
      • No official info on this for now (because version 9.0 is not in the market yet)
      • but will be documented in "What's New" section of Help Center and article, when it will arrive on the market
      • Version 9.0 is planned April 2022 (acurate date still unknown), as documented in Product Release Calendar page
    • No info for when it will be ready for Thermal ones nowadays

Then regarding your last question, if Creo Siumalte and/or Creo SImulate Live allows to apply Loads/Constraints also on edges and vertices, loads/constraints can be applied only on surfaces in GTO environment (as far as I know, but not 100 % sure here, once again, because not an expert in this technical area). For the vertex, a Total Load at point approach documented in article 352184 may help.

Probable additional interesting material for you:

Regards,

Serge

@vugru @sacquarone 

While it does appear that Creo ANSYS allows for forces and constraints to be applied to edges, neither CSL nor GTO support that at the moment. It's helpful to know that that is a requirement for you, so we will investigate adding that functionality in the future. I'd also encourage you to submit this as an  idea to help with the prioritization of this functionality. 

@vugru 

One thing that may be helpful to know: in Creo 9.0, there will be the ability to split surfaces. This may be a useful workaround. It doesn't quite enable selecting edges/vertices for loads/constraints, but you can create a very small surface to which you can apply the loads/constraints. I hope that's helpful.

Top Tags