cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Getting coordinates for points on surfaces

Yavorivanov
3-Visitor

Getting coordinates for points on surfaces

Was it the easiest way for getting the xyz coordinates of a random point on a model?  I know how to get them from a vertice, but I haven't been able to find away to get it to work for say, the center of a curve or a face.

7 REPLIES 7

Some guesses:

(1) Go to File -> Options -> Entity Display, then check the "Edge Display Quality". Set it to "Very High".

(2) I've seen something like this when my section plane on a cylindrical object was, for whatever reason, not passing thru the axis of revolution of the object.

(3) Perhaps the accuracy of the part model is too high. Open the model and go to File -> Prepare -> Model Properties. Set the accuracy to Absolute and a small value (my default is 1.0E-05 inch). The model will regenerate, and it might resolve the difficulty.

Hi,

move section plane a little bit ... eg. 0.1 mm

Martin Hanák

Try updating the drawing using drawing option update_drawing with value as all. 

File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change detail options > Add option update_drawing  and value as all > Add/Change > Ok. 

Select Review Tab > Update Sheets. 

Check the drawing thoroughly before saving to avoid any unwanted changes. If everything looks good save the drawing. 

Hello Team

My problem is solved I try with your ways to but my collague Paolo help me to.

Take a look on his mesage:

Dear Yavor,
your problem is a bug of Creo. We have the same problem with old projects.
You can to follow this method to adjust the drawing:

Open the drw with a problem;
Select "Sketch" bar
Select "Use Edge" tool
Activate "Parametric Sketch" and "Chain"
Select and sx click on the radius hidden that you want; confirm with center click
Repeat the point 5 for all radius that you want
Finish

I hope this method is effective for you.

Thank you for you time Team.

Best Regrads

Would it help making a xsec curve?

Good to know that issue has been taken care. You can add information about solving the issue and mark that as solution. 

My problem was a bug of Creo.My collagues have the same problem with old projects that were made on earlier version.
You can to follow this method to adjust the drawing:

Open the drw with a problem;
Select "Sketch" bar 
Select "Use Edge" tool 
Activate "Parametric Sketch" and "Chain" 
Select and sx click on the radius hidden that you want; confirm with center click 
Repeat the point 5 for all radius that you want
Finish

Top Tags