cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Graphical Pro/PROGRAM Editor ... for FREE!

DavidBigelow
17-Peridot

Graphical Pro/PROGRAM Editor ... for FREE!

Just wanted to let you all know... the latest release of Nitro-PROGRAM has a NO HASSLE - FREE LICENSE option...

If you have ever struggled with seemingly never ending edit-import-fix-import-fix-import cycle of creating or editing Pro/PROGRAMs for Creo Parametric Parts or Assemblies... -OR- nearly screamed while trying to edit a Pro/PROGRAM that someone else created....

Then Nitro-PROGRAM is something you should download immediately and use!

Nitro-PROGRAM eliminates the pains and frustrations of the "text editor" and transforms the creating, editing and testing of Pro/PROGRAMs into a visual, drag-and-drop, editing love-fest by comparison.  😉

2020-07-21 at 9.52 AM.png

Nitro-PROGRAM saves time, reduces frustration, improves accuracy and enables you to think about the most important elements of Creo Parametric Automation -- data-flow and regeneration!

Simply Download, Unzip, Run.... and request a FREE License... NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED!

2020-07-21 at 10.02 AM.png

Nitro-PROGRAM does require JLINK to be installed with Creo Parametric.  (instructions here if you need them)

The only difference between FREE and a Purchased License is the amount of content you can import changes for.

Most companies, the FREE License will be extremely useful.

Enjoy!

Dave

15 REPLIES 15

@DavidBigelow,

I would like to try Nitro-PROGRAM, but I get the "Waiting for Licensing..." message. I don't get the option to choose for the "Free License".

I am running the 6.1.0 version:

HamsterNL_0-1596096988099.png

Edit: I might have installed a previous version of Nitro-PROGRAM in the past...maybe something was left in my registry that makes Nitro-PROGRAM looking for a license?

Usually that is a firewall related thing on your computer or company network.

Licenses are obtained over HTTP -- so that should not be the issue.

You might try running the application as Administrator to see if that makes a difference.  If you can't check the local firewall settings to enable the application to run, also these ports locally should be OPEN in the computer's local firewall:

• 9051 - Nitro-BOM
  • 9052 - Nitro-PROGRAM
  • 9055 - Nitro-CELL

Hope that helps.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I will have to wait till next week to test Nitro-PROGRAM, because our IT is absent today.

I do have a question:

"The only difference between FREE and a Purchased License is the amount of content you can import changes for."

Can you tell when we will hit that limit? Our main model(s) has 1400+ input parameters, and dozens and dozens of conditional statements.

1400+ input parameters?   Surely there is a better way ... 🙂

You should really look at Nitro-CELL ... it would dramatically streamline that heavy process using  --  especially with the latest Excel Table and Power Query support.  The latest version can bi-directionally get and set parameters and values using native Excel Tables.  This makes merging of that much data with other external data is trivial with Power Query... I think it would save you a lot of time.

And if you want to get rid of Execute Statements or assembly parametric references for relations.... this single command will transform your automation tremendously:

Anyway - regarding your question.   Exporting that will not be a problem.  Importing (relative to Nitro-PROGRAM) will be limited to the number of IF statements.   Fully functional other wise.

The free versions of our software are useful for simple / routine things... as larger problems are being solved we will be in hope that free users to be very excited to purchase our products as a result.   When / IF that happens, you can directly purchase a floating license based on the time you require (1-month at at time ... all the way through an annual license).

Hope that is more clear.  Thanks for taking a close look at our product. 🙂

Dave

We have looked into Layout / Notebook to simplify our use of parameters (lots of input parameters and lots of execute statements), but sadly Layout/Notebook does not provide the functionality we require.

1400 parameters sound a lot, but those numbers are quickly "halved", where one half of the parameters are used to execute sub-assembly A, and the other half is used to execute sub-assembly B.

I have taken a quick look, and it looks like our larger (and older) assemblies have in-between 400 and 700 IF statements.

Nowadays we make a lot more use of Interchange Assemblies, so swapping parts is a matter of changing a name, bringing the number of IF statements down a lot.

I will take a look at Nitro-PROGRAM next week, and maybe Nitro-CELL as well 🙂

Noticed your Edit....

IF you unzipped the new version on top of the old version - that would not be a good thing.

It is better to just delete the old version entirely -- and unzip the new version to the old version's empty folder - or to a new folder.

That may help.   Nothing in the registry would affect that process.

Dave

I have Nitro-PROGRAM running...it was being blocked by our anti-virus program 🙂

Awesome - I figured it was something like that...

I got a few "challenges" for you (see my other replies)

Hi David,

I am testing Nitro-PROGRAM, and I am running into this situation:

I have an assembly where initially a component is suppressed. So when I open the assembly, that component is not loaded into session.

Creo will give a warning in Pro/PROGRAM that it can't find that component.

IF CUBE == YES
   EXECUTE PART TEST
   HEIGHT = HEIGHT
   END EXECUTE
!*** WARNG: cannot find this model
END IF

But Nitro-PROGRAM will give a Validation Error, because the EXECUTE statement "Does not end with END EXECUTE"

HamsterNL_1-1596445179858.png

Well...it does end with END EXECUTE, but Nitro-PROGRAM also "includes" the warning message, thus throwing the Validation Error.

HamsterNL_0-1596444855556.png

Nitro-PROGRAM should (have an option to) ignore the warning message of Creo.

Ok - Just for anyone that finds this post.... 

The issue has been resolved and is available for download at:

Dave

Hi David,

I have another situation where Nitro-PROGRAM throws a Validation Error:

We use the EXECUTE statement with a variable name. That name is calculated in the Relations of the assembly.

HamsterNL_0-1596445623479.png

But when I try to import, Nitro-PROGRAM says that "Object (PART_NAME) was not found in program tree":

HamsterNL_1-1596445723979.png

PART_NAME is in the Relations section of the PRO/PROGRAM, but Nitro-PROGRAM cant find it somehow.

I have attached my test assembly so you can take a look 🙂

The "!*** WARNG: cannot find this model" is actually in the Pro/PROGRAM....  a PTC Error.  (edit it conventionally - you should see it there if you open up the test-assy.asm as the only thing insession and edit the Pro/PROGRAM).

I will check on the impact of that PTC error in the parsing of the Pro/PROGRAM within Nitro-PROGRAM... and you are right the variable name in the EXECUTE is obviously not parsing as valid... To be honest... I never thought of that...  pretty clever! 😎

Dave

@DavidBigelow wrote:

The "!*** WARNG: cannot find this model" is actually in the Pro/PROGRAM....  a PTC Error.  (edit it conventionally - you should see it there if you open up the test-assy.asm as the only thing in session and edit the Pro/PROGRAM).

Yes, it's a Creo warning that you will get if you open the PRO/PROGRAM when a component is not in session. But Creo accepts that warning if you make changes to PRO/PROGRAM.

Nitro-PROGRAM on the other hand throws an error, and refuses to import any changes to PRO/PROGRAM.

@DavidBigelow wrote:

... and you are right the variable name in the EXECUTE is obviously not parsing as valid... To be honest... I never thought of that...  pretty clever! 😎

We are using that technique on a few components, works like a charm 😎

Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions!

The latest version has a few nice features and indicators because of your input! 🙂

2020-08-07 at 5.17 PM.png

Dave

Top Tags