cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Group in Parameters

jsarkar
1-Newbie

Group in Parameters

It would be great if we can gruoup the paramters inside the parameter box.

When we do a parametric assembly it is derived by lot of predefined parameters, say after creation of all the parameters the tola quantity comes around 50. then it is difficult to identify the parameters for wat is being used or the basic fundtion of the parameters.

If there hase some facility to create group then it would be easier to locate the excat parameter.

Example: for car assembly we can group all the parameters used fro engine is under engine group. so we can understand this are the parameters used for engine.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
rsobecki
12-Amethyst
(To:jsarkar)

I like this idea! We have got also many parameters inside our parts and grouping will help manage them a lot!

slapha
15-Moonstone

I agree.

One work around we've done for Roles in Windchill was to edit the description to be  "<Category> - <Description>".  So if you sort by description it will sort it by the category. Similarly we add a * to required parameters to group them together. Unfortunately you can't edit the locked ones, though most of them have a unique source value (modelcheck, Windchill...) which could be sorted by.

Chris3
21-Topaz I

You can filter parameters using custom filters

Capture.PNG

Top Tags