cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

HELP with rounds, transitions fail

al204
1-Newbie

HELP with rounds, transitions fail

Hello Folks,
I hope you are doing well as you read this email.

I have attached a dummy of a bottle I´m working on now.
The image shows rounds of 7,5 mm that I´m trying to create, so far unsuccessfully.
I have tried all the tricks I know. Even tried to create a surface round to somehow try to solidify it and cut the remaining solid inside....it did not work.

if you could take a look at it, I would appreciate.

what are transitions? when referred to in terms of rounds. it seems this is what is causing the error.

thanks, best regards from Caracas

Al.
2 REPLIES 2
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:al204)

Transitions are used in multi-set rounds to determine ho the geometry transitions from one set to another. The error you are getting is frustrating, because it appears frequently in parts that have only one round set, like yours. In that context, the error makes no sense, since you did not define any transitions that could fail.

Looking at your image, the problem is that your radius is too large for the geometry. You can imagine, if you extended the preview geometry, that the lower tangent edge of the round does not terminate at the top of the part. So, the two rounds at one end will meet the other two from the other side somehow in the middle. Pro|E can't figure out how.

I'd try creating them a pair at a time, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the second set fails as well, or even that they both do.

I think you're going to need a smaller radius or some more sophisticated geometry, like a boundary blend, to make this work.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
TimMcLellan
6-Contributor
(To:al204)

Updated completed part attached.

You need to edit the round segments (PIECES) and drag out the ends. This is
what used to be called the auto-blend.

Cheers,

Tim McLellan