cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hand Tool Models Library

N.Barnes
11-Garnet

Hand Tool Models Library

I'm looking for a good source for hand tool models.   I'd like like to build a library to use for tool accessibility review and possibly to support PTC Manikin analysis.    This will be used commercially, so I have to be careful about licensing.  (GrabCAD is personal use by default)    These would be used in Creo Parametric and Creo View. 

Thanks for the suggestions and leads.   

Nick B

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:N.Barnes)

I use traceparts so I can verify general fit and access of certain tools. I've never looked in to the specifics of licensing tho.

I reached out to traceparts.com, I can't do a mass download of files from them.   They depend on a per project download.   Their business model depends on turning downloads from them into purchases from their partners.    If you need individual models, traceparts have an extensive library, but in my case I can't use it to build an internal library. 

Depending on what particular things you are looking for and often who makes them, you can get a lot of useful digital models from McMaster-Carr. If the model is available from the source of the item, they generally have a digital file you can download. Sometimes the models are a bit much, like screws with full threads and the like, but it's very convenient.

Thanks for the suggestion.  McMaster has one of the best systems out there. 

However, I believe using their models to build an internal tool library would be a violation of their T&C's.

"The CAD models on the McMaster-Carr Properties (“CAD Models”) are being made available to help you decide whether to purchase Products from us."

https://www.mcmaster.com/termsandconditions/

Might we buy the tools from McMaster, yes we might.  But the models wouldn't be necessarily be used to decide "IF" we would buy from them.

Top Tags