cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Help needed in Creo Cabling!

smr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Help needed in Creo Cabling!

Hello all. I recently started performing Creo Cabling in my office.

So, I have created a cabling assembly with two connectors and a cable attached between. I have another assembly where in there are two terminals (connector mates to these terminals). Now, is it possible to import the connector assembly and mate the two connectors to the two terminals, while the cable extends on its own. Right now, once i mate one connector, i cannot mate the other end to the other terminal as the cable is short.

I could change the cable length, but i need a solution wherein I can import to any assembly and the cable automatically adapts.

I hope i have been able to convey my problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fmohr
5-Regular Member
(To:smr)

Shreyas,

A couple of pictures would help understand your question a bit more.  But, if I'm reading your question correctly, you would like to mate your terminals to connectors and have the cable length update automatically?  The cable routing, if done correctly, will do just that after you regenerate your assembly. Even though the terminals will move when you redefine them, a full regeneration does not happen until you force it to.  Then the cable will update to the entry ports of the terminals.

I hope that helps.

Frank

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fmohr
5-Regular Member

Shreyas,

A couple of pictures would help understand your question a bit more.  But, if I'm reading your question correctly, you would like to mate your terminals to connectors and have the cable length update automatically?  The cable routing, if done correctly, will do just that after you regenerate your assembly. Even though the terminals will move when you redefine them, a full regeneration does not happen until you force it to.  Then the cable will update to the entry ports of the terminals.

I hope that helps.

Frank

smr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Thanks Frank!

Top Tags