cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Help: "Some reference parts are unavailable. Modification of the sheetmetal part is not allowed."

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Help: "Some reference parts are unavailable. Modification of the sheetmetal part is not allowed."

Ive got an assembly of a skeleton model and a number of sheetmetal parts that make use of this skeleton.

I dont know since when but something went wrong and if I cant edit any of the sheetmetal parts, I only get to see the following error in the message area:

Clipboard02.jpg

OHNO! This is all the information provided.. I cant edit the external merge, I cant edit anything. The skeleton is still there. How can I find out what reference part is missing? I tried: Tools --> Model intent --> Program --> Show Design. But I dont see anything out of order.

Please (PTC) Help !

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:bp)

Solved. I used "component operations cut-out" of which I later suppressed a part in my assembly. This made the assembly lock-up without any hint where the source of the problem was..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
David_M
5-Regular Member

What about Reference Viewer? In Wildfire 5 it's under Info > Reference Viewer.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Solved. I used "component operations cut-out" of which I later suppressed a part in my assembly. This made the assembly lock-up without any hint where the source of the problem was..

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags