cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Help with coding inside a bom table

ptc-5441279
1-Newbie

Help with coding inside a bom table

Hi all

I am working inside a BOM table calling out the part description in one of two different languages. The parameters that I am calling up are: &asm.mbr.PART_NAME or &asm.mbr.DESCRIZIONE. My problem is that I want to display the DESCRIZIONE only if PART_NAME does not exist. I am using Creo elements 5 if that has any affect.

Thank you

Wayne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-5441279)

This is pretty straight forward. Add these relations to your repeat region and then change the parameter of the description column to be &rpt.rel.BOM_DESC

BOM_DESC = ""

IF EXISTS("ASM_MBR_PART_NAME")

BOM_DESC = ASM_MBR_PART_NAME

ELSE

IF EXISTS("ASM_MBR_DESCRIZIONE")

BOM_DESC = ASM_MBR_DESCRIZIONE

ENDIF

ENDIF

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-5441279)

This is pretty straight forward. Add these relations to your repeat region and then change the parameter of the description column to be &rpt.rel.BOM_DESC

BOM_DESC = ""

IF EXISTS("ASM_MBR_PART_NAME")

BOM_DESC = ASM_MBR_PART_NAME

ELSE

IF EXISTS("ASM_MBR_DESCRIZIONE")

BOM_DESC = ASM_MBR_DESCRIZIONE

ENDIF

ENDIF

Top Tags