cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Hide header row of 2D repeat region OR change header text

ptc-5659041
1-Newbie

Hide header row of 2D repeat region OR change header text

I am trying to hide the header of my 2D repeat region because the header descriptions are from the family table items that were added whether they're dimensions or parameters or what have you. This won't work because for example the parameter "thread_size" shows up as just that where as my company would like the column header to be "Thread Size" (notice the space between the words).

So I would like a solution to my problem, is there either a way to change what the column headers are for 2D repeat regions OR is there a way to just hide that row so I can add my own row above with the proper headers that I would like for the table column descriptions?

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not trying to "fool" the system, due to the limitation of what names can be I would like the column header to be something besides "Thread_Size". I've never seen any Engineering drawing which contained column identifiers which had underscores in their name. My column headers need to be things like "PRIMARY RATING AMPS", "BURDEN RESISTOR LOCATION", and "PRIMARY RATING AMPS".

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to accomplish what I need, is there a way to add an item to a family table that has spaces in their name?

UPDATE: as long as when you make the text style .000001 also ensure that it's center justified vertically and the little "tick marks" will disappear.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Daniel,

There is no direct option to hide header row for 2D Repeat region table. However there is an alternate option which can help you to achieve this, as:

1. Create a table of 3 rows and 2 columns (First row will use for custom names params, e.g Thread Size)

1.png

2. Make 2D repeat region using last two rows and insert the report parameters

2.png

3. Select text for fam.inst.param.name > Properties and set height as 0.000001 to make negligible text visibility

3.png

4. Select 2nd row and set height as 0.00001, it will reduce the height of row to negligible.

4.png

5. Enter custom names for Parameters in row 1.

5.png

I am just wondering if you can modify a BOM table to act like the table you are looking for.

Something about having to fool the system just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm not trying to "fool" the system, due to the limitation of what names can be I would like the column header to be something besides "Thread_Size". I've never seen any Engineering drawing which contained column identifiers which had underscores in their name. My column headers need to be things like "PRIMARY RATING AMPS", "BURDEN RESISTOR LOCATION", and "PRIMARY RATING AMPS".

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to accomplish what I need, is there a way to add an item to a family table that has spaces in their name?

UPDATE: as long as when you make the text style .000001 also ensure that it's center justified vertically and the little "tick marks" will disappear.

I was suggesting that a BOM table doesn't have these headers and therefore can be modified to say whatever you want. You can redefine the default BOM tables repeat regions. I am not good at this, but I am suggesting that you use the default BOM table as a template to develop the one you want.

I am also sure a custom code writer can do this for you. Tables are a special breed and have been around for a long time. They are not simple text files and have the ability to have a lot of intelligence. if you need this on a regular basis, it may be worth investing in their automation.

this is not a BOM table maybe that's where you're misunderstanding. Normally Two-D repeat regions are not used for BOMs but they're used for composite type drawings where the table grows in 2 directions. Example would be a circuit breaker which has many different electrical characteristics and vary slightly from part number to part number so along the top you have all the variables and down the left is each part number.

Then this leaves a custom development effort as your best option.

you apparently missed my repy because the issue has been solved. The solution that Mahesh provided did work but I had to ensure that the text in the cell was vertically center justified.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5659041)

Daniel,

You may wish to mark Mahesh's answer as correct.

Thanks, Dale

I marked it as "helpful", not "answer" only because it didn't denote the requirement that the text be center justified vertically. His picture has it bottom justified which results in the tick marks being shown on the final print on the drawing. I'm new to the site so I may be using incorrect names but I understand the general idea.

It is allowed to mark your own answer as correct.

Your insight as to solving the tick marks is a nice solution.

Obviously I missed your response as well.

from what I can tell this is a great community and I look forward to coming back for solutions or if I know an answer I will provide it. Thanks again everyone

thanks for spending the time to respond to me but we actually already do this. The problem is that it results in tiny little tick marks that are actually visible in the final pdf which is the whole reason I was asking about this. Again, thanks though for trying.

Top Tags