cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How can I insert a Symbol in a View State using Drawing Program?

nalexandru
12-Amethyst

How can I insert a Symbol in a View State using Drawing Program?

Hi, all,

I'm trying to manage a drawing with almost 200 View States. One of my problem (beside the most important that I can't find  a Tutorial) is that I can't insert a Symbol in a View State (a new one or editing an existing one). The Help Center says this about Detail Items which includes dimensions, notes, and balloon notes but NOT symbols:

To Create Detail Items in a Drawing State

To create detail items such as dimensions, notes, and balloon notes in a drawing state, choose Create from the DWG COMMANDS menu that appears when you click Tools > Drawing Program > Define States > Create State > Record Cmds. Items that you create in one state are not visible in any other state or outside of the drawing program.

Does anyone knows how to insert a symbol in a View State, please?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Directly there is no option to create a symbol.

The work around is to create a note like:

&sym(symbol name)

But before this you need to temporarily add that symbol to the drawing and delete that later after creating the program.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Directly there is no option to create a symbol.

The work around is to create a note like:

&sym(symbol name)

But before this you need to temporarily add that symbol to the drawing and delete that later after creating the program.

Top Tags