cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How can i open Creo file in CorelDRAW X6?

fdefilippi
1-Newbie

How can i open Creo file in CorelDRAW X6?

I have made .prt file in Inventor 2016. Then i import the same file in CorelDRAW X6 software. It's shown "Unrecoverable Error". Please give suggestion.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

You can fool the system if the replaced part is part for part or assembly for assembly and only if the names are the same (working in a temp folder).

Replacing the model from a part to an assembly will require creation of new views.

thanks.  would be a nice feature to have like most of systems I've used

I hear you.  I've been caught behind that 8-ball a few times doing sheetmetal chassis that used pierce and extrude features.  Then a "simple change"... "please use captive hardware".  Same story; part became an assembly.  Drawings were fully detailed.

Simplicity says to just add the new model and make a duplicate view next to your current view.  Copy and re-associate what you can.  If you are lucky, you can move the associative dimensions form one view to another (not holding breath for that one).

Older systems use to use a "viewport" type analogy where the whatever part exists shows in the viewport.  Somehow that changed to model dependent viewports.

There may still be better methods out there and I am all ears to hear them.

So with that statement, I have no choice to but to make a new drawing.  As such that is the last thing a company or employer wants to hear from engineering on a simple design change requires a lot of CAD work

mender
6-Contributor
(To:fdefilippi)

Look to Creo 4 for an enhancement in this area.  For now, this particular one you'll need to re-detail, sorry.  Also note that 'fooling' the system into unrelated model replacements is a very bad technique that can result in crashes, corruptions, and unpredictable behavior, it is highly not-recommended.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:mender)

Fooling the system is a hail Mary when you miss a step in a complex process or the system fails you.

Normally, it is the same part with maybe a simple revision change that requires this method.

For completely unrelated models, definitely not recommended to fool the system.

Glad to see PTC has finally seen this as an issue.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yes, I'd been mentioning it for many years, but there's always a lot of project proposals to fit into never-enough development time.  But when this comes up in the future when you're on Creo 4, you should find your job considerably easier.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags