cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How do I create, delete, and change layers

cquinn
1-Newbie

How do I create, delete, and change layers

I am currently working on a big project with my company and I am needing to use layers. I have looked on PTC e-support but it isn't offering any help, i have followed the articles help but it hasn't done anything for me. It seem like no-body use layers in Creo Elements but it would be nice to learn

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cquinn)

2 questions for you

1) Do you have experience with other CAD software and they way it uses layers? Which CAD package, if you do?

2) HOW do you want to use layers and to what degree? In part files or assemblies?

...and then you may want to look at this

Understanding Layers Presentation

cquinn
1-Newbie

1. I have not had any other CAD software experience.

2. So i am making a plant layout for my company and they have asked for a electrical layer, air line layers and etc. everything will be in a layer besides the bare plant that away they can see different things all on the one drawing, I am not sure what would be better for my situation

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

You said "Creo Elements", what software are you using - Creo Elements Pro or Creo Elements Direct?  Creo Elements Pro is a renaming of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5 (and is an old version. It has been replaced by Creo Parametric.), Creo Elements Direct is a rename of CoCreate.  Very different software packages.

This community is focused on Creo Elements Pro and Creo Parametric.  The Creo Elements Direct community is here.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags