cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do you build Native features into Imported Step or Iges files

dparks-2
1-Newbie

How do you build Native features into Imported Step or Iges files

I thought I remembered there to be some avenue to build into an imported surface or solid body the native Pro E feature that would be seen in the design tree.  Can anyone point me in the right direction here?  I know Unigraphics had this functionality years ago and Pro does I am sure but can't remember what it is called.  I have PTU online training avalible I just need to know what coarse to look for.

Example is if i import a step file and wish to place a round feature in the design tree but associate the feature to a round the is already a part of the imported data file (step in this case) and going forward have Edit definition within Pro E avalible as if it was a native feature.

Shrink Wrap might be what I am looking for but not sure.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have import data doctor (IDD) and you have "feature recognition".

There is also Associative Topology Bus (ATB) functionality for cross-platform collaboration. Included here for the sake of completeness.

These functionalities are not particularly powerful in the core package.

The Direct Modeling extension is a more appropriate avenue to manage imported data on a regular basis.

Otherwise, you can  build onto your solid import model as you will.  It is, after all, just a  feature.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You have import data doctor (IDD) and you have "feature recognition".

There is also Associative Topology Bus (ATB) functionality for cross-platform collaboration. Included here for the sake of completeness.

These functionalities are not particularly powerful in the core package.

The Direct Modeling extension is a more appropriate avenue to manage imported data on a regular basis.

Otherwise, you can  build onto your solid import model as you will.  It is, after all, just a  feature.

Hi,

see attachment.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you for the response!  I have wildfire 5 - we are way behind I know.  Looks like there is another document to handle that version and I am going to look it up if avalible.  I can see the IDD in my toolbar menu list but they are all greyed out but checked as well.  I see the ATB but I am not sure that this tool is exactly what I need as it look like it deals with native file types from other CAD systems and not the standards step iges...others.

IDD is activated when you use EDIT DEFINITION on an imported object.

Thanks for the info.  I just got the Feature Recognition going.  This is an area that I have not used before but think it might have some value for my environment.  I will check it out on the Edit Definition and see,  they are all greyed out in the tool bar customizations but they are checked so I would believe this to be the answer.  Let you know.

DAMON PARKS schreef:

I have wildfire 5 - we are way behind I know.

We are still on WildFire 4

mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:HamsterNL)

^Us too you are not alone.

Top Tags