cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to Set Annotation Planes automatically with respect to a Combination State?

RupeshMetkar
7-Bedrock

How to Set Annotation Planes automatically with respect to a Combination State?

Hello All,

I have a query related to Annotation Planes. Can we automatically set the Annotation Planes when we select COMBINATION STATE? I have 5 combination states (7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E ) with specific orientations. I also have 5 Annotation Planes(7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E ). When I have to give 3D annotation in any Combination State I always need to select the respective Annotation Plane for proper text and dimension orientation.  So I want to know if I select 7A combination state, Is there any way to set Annotation planes 7A to get selected automatically? Thank you.

Best regards,

Atul Ghadge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RupeshMetkar 

This is a good question, but unfortrunately not part of current Creo Parametric functionality.

=> We officially document this current limitation in article 245742

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @RupeshMetkar 

This is a good question, but unfortrunately not part of current Creo Parametric functionality.

=> We officially document this current limitation in article 245742

Regards,

Serge

Hello Serge,

Understood.

Thank you for your Quick response.

Best regards,

Atul Ghadge.

Pius
11-Garnet
(To:sacquarone)

Hi Sacqarone

This functionality you mention is not part of ptc's functionality, in my point of view is a mandatory functionality for many users to accept MBD and become comfortable with.

In my very short time using 3D Annotation with Combination State methods, this is one of the killers for the use of it.
Is there any way to push this issue to get a solution asap. ?

Regards

Creo Parametrics 8.0 User since 2023
more than 20 years with other CAD tools
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:Pius)

Hello @Pius 

This request (when asking in a direction of an Enhancement related to a limitation which is already officially documented) is outside of actions allowed for PTC Technical Support Organization I'm part of. Consequently, the best way to push this request to the attention of our Product Managers is ti fill an Idea in our PTC Community, as this was suggested in the article shared above in this post, and documenting this current limitation.

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags