cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to add a PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL to a relation in a startpart

RobertH
13-Aquamarine

How to add a PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL to a relation in a startpart

Currently we have the following relation in our startpart

MATERIAL = MATERIAL_PARAM("CONDITION")

This arranges that the parameter MATERIAL is filled with value of the material parameter CONDITION. This parameter MATERIAL is shown in the BOM.

As with Creo 7 there is the multi-body added. In this situation it is possible to use multiple materials in one part. When this is the case there is a parameter PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL created which contains the name (I think it's also the condition name) of the used materials separated by a ",", see below.

RobertH_0-1680701797137.png

I thought I update the relation in our startpart (template) but it is not possible to use the relation

MATERIAL = PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL 

It then shows the error "Invalid symbol ' PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL ' found.".

Somebody a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:RobertH)

From the documentation here: https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r9.0/usascii/index.html#page/model-based_definition/about_material_parameters.html 

It states:

"The system parameter PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL is used to report materials in the BOM table and to view all materials assigned to the part. You cannot edit this parameter. You also cannot use it in relations. At part level, the parameter PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL reports all the materials assigned to all bodies in that part. At body level, this parameter reports the actual material assigned to the body."

RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:KenFarley)

I was hoping I am able to control the reported material somehow. What if you have for example 10 different materials used in one part, then the length of the generated PTC_REPORTED_MATERIAL become a bit lengthy to show in a BOM list on a drawing.

Top Tags