cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to apply colours to .pvz file in creo illustrate

RP_10384451
7-Bedrock

How to apply colours to .pvz file in creo illustrate

Hi, 

My issue was I have a .pvz file which has no colour and I wanted to apply colour to it. It's a big assembly file and I try to export it to .step file and try to apply the appearance to it but the creo is crashing while opening that assembly file. So i need help that how can I apply colours to .pvz file in creo illustrate 

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

1. Creo Illustrate:

https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/illustrate/r9.0/en/index.html#page/creo_illustrate/visualization/creo_illustrate/To_Modify_the_Display_of_Parts_in_Edit_Structure_Mode.html

2. You can export the step file with colors from CREO parametric.

Use ap214_is protocol to export with colors:

BogdanMarinoiu_1-1674501486071.png

3. use Creo view

BogdanMarinoiu_0-1674501307375.png

Bogdan

HI @Bogdan_M thank you for your solution but I have a .pvz file which I imported into creo parametric and in the model tree it is showing only one body so I'm not able to apply appearance to different parts of the model please help me . 

May I ask if you can share the file? If not, I'll try to replicate at my end.

Bogdan

Hi @Bogdan sorry for late replay, I use third part software to color the file, I tried your solution but it didn't work, thank you for your help.

If you have a PVZ, then why not open it in Creo View to color the surfaces separately. Select the surface, right mouse button, then color. We do this all the time, especially for Design Reviews.

CV Color.jpg

Hi @llie the .pvz file I have is a single body, so I was not able to select the surface separately, (when i applied the color the whole part is painted in one color). I tried to select it as per your method but it didn't work. 

In Creo View, not Creo Parametric. First click selects the whole model, then second click selects the individual surface.

Top Tags