cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mirrored part parameters unlinked.

vicor3
5-Regular Member

Mirrored part parameters unlinked.

Hi folks.

Question, is there any way to link and lock the parameter of a mirrored part.

Right now it copies the parameters, but it doesn't update if I change the part where the mirrored part was mirrored from .

image_1.png

As you can see in the image. All those parameters are from the original part and are being copied . But it let me edit it. I need those parameters to be locked and being updated if i change their original part.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:vicor3)

Hello @vicor3 

Behavior produced by the system is expected:

• Mirror Part functionality is accessed from >File >Save as => Similarly to a "Save a copy", the relations and parameters of what is produced is therefore independent from Source Model
  • Impossibility to make the parameters and relations dependent from the source part with "Mirror part" functionality is officially documented in Resolution field of article 72269, and is intentional( see Cause Field)

Alternatively, you may consider a different way to produce what you're expecting. For instance a new part, getting an inheritance feature from source, which is then mirrored. You can then drive visibility of bodies to keep only the desired one, and add a relation in the "mirrored part" to keep dependency from source.

=> I attach here for you a commented movie to show how this may be approached.

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:vicor3)

Hello @vicor3 

Behavior produced by the system is expected:

• Mirror Part functionality is accessed from >File >Save as => Similarly to a "Save a copy", the relations and parameters of what is produced is therefore independent from Source Model
  • Impossibility to make the parameters and relations dependent from the source part with "Mirror part" functionality is officially documented in Resolution field of article 72269, and is intentional( see Cause Field)

Alternatively, you may consider a different way to produce what you're expecting. For instance a new part, getting an inheritance feature from source, which is then mirrored. You can then drive visibility of bodies to keep only the desired one, and add a relation in the "mirrored part" to keep dependency from source.

=> I attach here for you a commented movie to show how this may be approached.

Regards,

Serge

vicor3
5-Regular Member
(To:sacquarone)

Thank you for the explanation.

Top Tags