cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to apply torque(force/Moment) load before addition forces are applied to an assembly with contacts?

danderson
11-Garnet

How to apply torque(force/Moment) load before addition forces are applied to an assembly with contacts?

Hi,

I have a part that I need to apply a torque to that makes contact with neighboring parts. I need this torque to be applied before the main loading of the system applied to the assembly.

How would one apply one force/moment analysis feature before additional loads are applied when running the analysis?

Need the assembly to introduce the pre/stress (torque) before the main force is applied to the assembly.

When the main force is applied to the assembly, it binds the parts and  prevents the torque stress from being applied to the contacting parts.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Don Anderson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found what I was looking for. Needed to run a static analysis for the Torque Preload and then reference The Torque analysis in a Pre-stress Analysis.

Thanks,

Don

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Found what I was looking for. Needed to run a static analysis for the Torque Preload and then reference The Torque analysis in a Pre-stress Analysis.

Thanks,

Don

Top Tags