cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to change template and format

alitras
1-Newbie

How to change template and format

So I am using Creo Parametric 3.0. I have changed and exported my system colors, entity, and model display. I want to have these settings up every time I open a new part. I have no idea how to use the config, or what files I need to change. I am not talking about drawing templates but part templates. Any in depth tutorials I can look at?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Alex,

In order for all your models to use the system colors you saved, you will need to set a config option.

1. Start Creo Parametric 3.0
  2. Go to File > Options > Configuration Editor
  3. Click on Add and type in the option system_colors_file
  4. The value will be the path to the *.scl file you saved

The changes you made to the Entity and Model Display, don't specifically have to be exported to be used.  Once you make the changes and click OK on the PTC Creo Parametric Options window, the information is saved to a creo_parametric_customization.ui file.  This file is read every time Creo is launched.

You can find additional information regarding the UI file via the following article:

CS37185 - Customization of the User Interface in Creo Parametric

If you don't have a use account, to access the article, you can created one here.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags