cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to change the horizontal and/or vertical distance between two circles using the centers.

CJ
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

How to change the horizontal and/or vertical distance between two circles using the centers.

If I have two circles on a plane, how can I Numerically change the distance between the two?

I made two circles that are 24mm in diameter; next to each other (same Y-Axis ), and I placed them 30.7mm apart. If I need them to be a 29mm apart, how can I adjust the circles so that they are 29mm apart. In Solidworks I could simply type how far apart I want them to be. I don't see a similar option or method for doing this in Creo.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CJ)

Where are you sketching? If you are sketching in a drawing, I don't know that there is a good way to control geometry there.

If you are making a sketch feature in a part/assembly, simply add a dimension and edit the dimension to control the sketch. 

CJ
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:StephenW)

How would I add a dimension that shows the distance between the center of two circles?

I have a screen shot of what i'm working in.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CJ)

It's odd that you don't already have "weak" dimensions that are automatically created, maybe your dimensions are turned off. Go to the VIEW tab, then make sure dimensions are toggled on.

dims.jpg

In the SKETCH tab, select DIMENSION and pick one circle, then hold ctrl and pick the other. Place the dimension with the middle mouse button.

Top Tags