cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to change the projected views of parent drawing?

simran
6-Contributor

How to change the projected views of parent drawing?

Hello all,

I am using CREO Parametric 2.0, and I am stuck at a problem in drawing. The problem is lets say I have placed a general sketch (Parent drawing) on the drawing sheet as front view of the model. Now if I project its view downward i-e top view it will successfully project the top view of it. But what if i want the bottom view of the object to be projected their without changing the parent view? I cant seem to find anyway of doing it, I hope you people will understand my question really need a help with that.

Thanks, Sohaib Imran.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:simran)

Place the view (top or bottom) that you want, complete the view placement dialog.

Drag the view to the top or the bottom of the general view. Once the view is place, it doesn't change based on drawing placement.

You can even go back to the view properties, change the view to a general view and move it anywhere on the drawing you wish it to be.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi there,

if i understand your question correctly i believe you are looking for projection angle view (1st angle view or 3rd angle view).

When at your drawing go to: File -> Prepare -> Drawing Properties.

Click on change to the right of Detail Options.

Set Sort to "Alphabetical" and scroll down to "Projection Type". This can be set for 1st angle view or 3rd angle view. Test which one works for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:jwarncke)

l agree with you Jakob!

Try insert following options into your drawing setup file (*.DTL file)

projection_type --- third_angl OR first_angle

These command set your projection type in drawings.

Third_angle is Amarican type of projection.

First angle is European type of projection.

Regards

Milan

... but third angle is also the more common practice (as far as I know) in the UK.

First-angle is where the view underneath is a view on the top, and the view on the left is a view on the right...

Yes, it´s the "mess"

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Place the view (top or bottom) that you want, complete the view placement dialog.

Drag the view to the top or the bottom of the general view. Once the view is place, it doesn't change based on drawing placement.

You can even go back to the view properties, change the view to a general view and move it anywhere on the drawing you wish it to be.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

it was just what i was asking thanks man...now i can live in peace..

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't forget to mark the correct answer for those who may search on the idea later.

simran
6-Contributor

hey thank you so much people you are all a life saver..it worked for me.. thanks alot..stay blessed...

Top Tags