cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to check family table Instance & generic using modelcheck ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can use ModelCHECK to add parameter in family table instances (Not sure about interaction with Windchill).

1. Set Check parameter FT_STD_PARMS as E in check file.

2. Add ModelCHECK parameter [MODE]_FT_PARAMETER [Parameter_Name] in start file (e.g. PRT_FT_PARAMETER PART_NUMBER)

FT1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results in my test case was as:

Generic part is test.prt (with parameter part_number) and family table was as:

FT2.jpg

After executing ModelCHECK, results were reporting error and added all parameters.

FT3.jpg

End result was as:

FT4.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Haris,

Could you explain this in detail?

Hi

In family table , the instance name is different to generic & instance .

But ,the parameter part_number remains same for Generic & instance because the instance will derive the value of part_number ( tools - parameter) from generic.

It is showing conflict when we are uploading into windchill because the part_number same for two different object (Generic & Instance) .

We found the solution for above issue by adding part_number as a parameter column inside family table dialogue box & remove the value of Instance (blank) & keep generic value .

Have more than 200 family table parts like this & its difficult to open all the family table parts and adding part_number column .

what I am expecting is when I am running Model check from generic,It should show part_number column is not present in family table dialogue box whether to be added or not if it is added what is the value for generic & Instance .

It would be better , if there is any solution in model check ?

Yes, you can use ModelCHECK to add parameter in family table instances (Not sure about interaction with Windchill).

1. Set Check parameter FT_STD_PARMS as E in check file.

2. Add ModelCHECK parameter [MODE]_FT_PARAMETER [Parameter_Name] in start file (e.g. PRT_FT_PARAMETER PART_NUMBER)

FT1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results in my test case was as:

Generic part is test.prt (with parameter part_number) and family table was as:

FT2.jpg

After executing ModelCHECK, results were reporting error and added all parameters.

FT3.jpg

End result was as:

FT4.jpg

Thank you so much.

Its working...

But I have small concern that the value for instance (part_number) is automatically taking from generic.But I want to give different part number to generic & instance.

Is there any option in model check to highlight Instance & generic value when running mode ??

You cannot assign different values for parameter in instances using ModelCHECK. However there is another check parameter in ModelCHECK (FT_DEF_PARMS) which will report if the value for parameter in instances is * (asterisk). It will help you find such instances and manually you can add values.

Top Tags