cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to check in a shrinkwrap part without pulling its reference parts.

jbaumann
1-Newbie

How to check in a shrinkwrap part without pulling its reference parts.

Hi Pros,

I'm having trouble with creating a "stand-alone" shrinkwrapped part. I can create the prt-file containing the shrinkwrap feature without problems. I deselect the DEPENDENCY check box, which I thought was sufficient for decoupling the shrinkwrapped part from its origin assembly. But still, when I try to chek in the shrinkwrap part, I am prompted to check in the "parent" parts as well.

Please help. 😃

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I got the solution by email from Matthias Stüber:

"Here are two options how I handled this in the past:

1a. right-click on sw-part in model tree

1b. Info, Reference-Viewer

1c. Switch radio-button from "references" to "dependencies"

1d. right-click on link between sw-part to parent and choose "break dependencies" (deselected DEPENDENCY check box is prerequisite for this to work)

2a. Add "independent geometry" feature to sw-model (in insert-menu, part-mode)

2b. move independent geom feature above sw-feature

2c. Edit definition of independent geometry feature and "collapse" geometry of sw-feature

Result in case 1 should be a broken reference that is stronger than just removing the dependent-check, in case 2 you have created an import-feature without importing anything."

Case 1 worked perfectly.

Cheers, Johann

Top Tags