cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to control orientation of dimension in 4.0

kdirth
20-Turquoise

How to control orientation of dimension in 4.0

I am trying to create a horizontal dimension to the silhouette curves af a part.  In 2.0 I would get prompted for dimension orientation.

Capture.JPG

Is there a trick to create the needed dimension in 4.0?

There is always more to learn in Creo.
6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:kdirth)

In Creo 4.0, Orientation will change per cursor placement. Try creating dimension and move cursor to get correct orientation. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

I have tried that without success.  No mater where I move the curser, the dimension remains the same.  After placement, if I select the dimension, the orientation button in the ribbon is greyed out.

It is acting as though one of the silhouette curves is being treated as a straight line.  I have tried selecting on different areas of the curves with the same result.

TroyHammond
4-Participant

when creating, just before you place it, right click and you have options to set it perp or par to an entity. Try that.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:TroyHammond)

The only option I get is "Double Value".

The 479 REF dimension was created by selecting curve end points, but not the true maximum width dimension.

dim orient.png

TroyHammond
4-Participant

That's strange. I get, Pick, Query, Horizontal, Vertical, Slanted, Parallel to, and Perpendicular to

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:TroyHammond)

I also get many options on other dimensions.  This one dimension just does not want to cooperate.

Top Tags