cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to convert this to sheet metal? Why does it fail?

FrankSiano
1-Newbie

How to convert this to sheet metal? Why does it fail?

How to convert this part to sheet metal in creo 3.0?  Why does it fail?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I can't open a Creo 3 file. Can you provide some screen shots or a step file?

I have tried to upload step file.

When I open the STEP file it comes in as a surface. This will need thickness to covert to sheet metal. All edges will need to be perpendicular to the adjacent main surface and if you just thicken the surface those edge (material thickness) might not automatically be perpendicular. You will need to make cuts in the corners for bend relief. You also might need to add radii on all bend corners and the inside radius must be equal to the outside radius minus the part thickness.

The G2 part provides the surfaces to copy which show in the second file. When I try to convert, the part fails.

Top Tags