cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to create a partial view/detail view in Annotation/Presentation State (MBD)?

kevinb60041
8-Gravel

How to create a partial view/detail view in Annotation/Presentation State (MBD)?

I am investigating the usage and implementation of MBD fro my division and have come across several road blocks.  I understand that while I am using Creo Parametric 2.0 and it is not "Truly" MBD friendly, I am still attempting to create a complete set of drawings for a product.  I have been able to create the 6 basic view orientations and save them as presentation "tabs" under Annotation.  I have also been able to create full view sections and detail them.  I have an assembly view that has a lot of little components in a small area, in order to define these, I need to create a detail of a section view or a partial section view.  Where I am having problems is creating either a partial section view or a detail view of a section view.  Does anyone have experience with these type of view creations?  Or does anyone have a suggestion to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Kevin,

I am today where you were 4 years ago!

Did you come up with a solution to detail view?

Also, are you OK with sharing a model (something I can learn from about good MBD practices)?

Top Tags