cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to create a simp Rep in Jlink?

ddhini
14-Alexandrite

How to create a simp Rep in Jlink?

I have an assembly file .I wish to create a New Simp rep in my assembly .Based on the component Id i wish to create a new simplified representaion using Jlink.Is this possible to create a Simp rep using Componenet ID in Jlink?Please help me solve this thread.Thanks in advance..

5 REPLIES 5
Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:ddhini)

I don't know what you mean with the component Id, because you need a model to create a simprep inside of it.

You can use this, from a solid.

SimpRep CreateSimpRep

(CreateNewSimpRepInstructions Instructions)

Br,

Eike

ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:Eike_Hauptmann)

Eike,

To create a simp rep w need a model .Yes it need.But the model is an assembly .We have lot of components in it.We have to choose and create the simp rep based on our requirement.So we need to pick the exact components inside a model file that we opened.So is there any possibilities to create a simp rep items by comp ID.  

Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:ddhini)

So I haven't done that in JLink.

There are possibilities to edit SimpReps

You need to setInstructions of the simprep and then addItems to the specified type.

You need to create a 

SimpRepCompItemPath 

to your specified component. So the CompId is not enough because of possible subassemblies with same components, ... <~ the assembly structure stuff.

After you got that you can create a simprepitem. Add them to simprepitems, setItems to your instructions, setInstructions to your simprep. Finish. : )

Should work in JLink like it works in Toolkit.

Br,

Eike

ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:Eike_Hauptmann)

Thanks Eike ,

I need to get it in Using Jlink.I will try .Thanks for your information.

Hi @ddhini , did you ever solve this? I have a similar requirement and would like to know what the result was like.

Thank you in advance!

Top Tags