cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to delete file history saved with a model?

Hidetaka
14-Alexandrite

How to delete file history saved with a model?

I want to delete information stored in the modiflist.inf file. 

Could someone tell me how to do that? Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Hi

The 'File History' inside Tools > investigate > File History, as fas as I know, when you do a 'save as' this History remains in the copy.

If you want to erase the history when you do a 'save as', you could check the hidden config.pro option:

purge_history_on_save_copy    yes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you did a simple search for something like "File History Creo" you would likely come across the following article:

Article about File History 

In case you can't read such articles, the answer, regrettably, is a typical "Not part of Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro and Creo Parametric functionality".

That being said, if you do a "save as" and save the file to another file, the newly created file will not have all the file history stuff. It's tedious, but if you want to "replace" a file with one that doesn't have all the history, you could:

(1) Save As the file to another name within Creo.

(2) Close the file in Creo and remove it from memory.

(3) In Windows, rename the original file to something else, or delete it if you're feeling brave. Then rename the new file to the name of the old file.

Why do the renaming in Windows? Because if the part you are working with is in an assembly and you botch up the name flipping somewhere along the way your assembly will be a mess. Not something that is impossible to fix, but an annoyance to be avoided.

Lastly, I'm on Creo 4.0, so hopefully this "trick" works for whatever version of Creo you are using.

Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Hi

The 'File History' inside Tools > investigate > File History, as fas as I know, when you do a 'save as' this History remains in the copy.

If you want to erase the history when you do a 'save as', you could check the hidden config.pro option:

purge_history_on_save_copy    yes

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Trebla)

You are 100% right. I just checked my config.pro and it does have that hidden option set. I forgot I did that - probably added it for this exact reason, long ago.

Top Tags