cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to display only the axes of visible holes in a view ?

esivignon
1-Newbie

How to display only the axes of visible holes in a view ?

Hi all,

All is in the title : when I use "show annotations" in my drawing, all axes come to screen, even those of the holes that are invisible in the selected view (side or bottom holes). I end up having to select one by one all the feature for which I want to show the axes.

Does anybody has a quicker metod ?

Thank you !

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Eric,

I think you can use displaying Axes by selecting hole features e.g.

> Show Model Annotations

> Select first Hole feature + CTRL + Second hole feature in view, It will give you axes to display only for selected hole features.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:esivignon)

In the bottom of the show model annotations dialog box, there are a couple of icons for checking all  or unchecking all. If you need to show all of the axes except for a few, I usually check all then select the ones I don't want. If you need to show just a few, I usually unselect them all and then select the ones I need.

There is nothing that will show "just visible" hole axes.

As Mahesh says, you can also select by feature or by component (for assemblies).

show annot.jpg

Thank you both for your contribution.

I already knew these possibilities but this does not save a lot of "clicks". I am working on parts that have like 30 visible holes on each view and about 60 more on other faces. So either possibility require at least 30 individual selections ...

I thought there would be some kind of config option that sould be set to "show datums only for visible features" ?

Unfortunately no other option to display datum for only visible features in view.

Top Tags