cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to do skeleton modelling

suganthan.mech
1-Newbie

How to do skeleton modelling

Hello Buddie

Good Day!!

My team want to do TOP DOWN DESIGN , So we have used skeleton modelling for to do top down design. We have around 700 variants in my top level assembly.

Skeleton model technique

1.Draw the sketch

2.Publish Geometry

3.Create part, copy the geometry from skeleton.

This method we are using. But the copy geometry is not external copy geometry. We have lot of variants in each level part.

Is this method is create??

My question is If I am going to do check in any sub assembly model in windchill, Do we need to check in 700 top level variants in windchill?

Can any one tell me any other method. What about external copy geometry, external copy geometry will work with top down design?? If it is how can I use external ref copy geometry for skeleton modelling??

Please find the example model. kindly help me to solve this issue

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Trane Design Centre, India

Ingersoll Rand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

In Reply to Suganthan Rajamanickam:

Hello Buddie

Good Day!!

I am using Pro/E wildfire 3

My team want to do TOP DOWN DESIGN , So we have used skeleton modelling for to do top down design. We have around 700 variants in my top level assembly.

Skeleton model technique

1.Draw the sketch

2.Publish Geometry

This method we are using. But the copy geometry is not external copy geometry. We have lot of variants in each level part.

My question is If I am going to do check in any sub assembly model in windchill, Do we need to check in 700 top level variants in windchill?

Can any one tell me any other method. What about external copy geometry, external copy geometry will work with top down design?? If it is how can I use external ref copy geometry for skeleton modelling??

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

I suggest you outsource this to the USA where I know of several firms
who can handle this type of work... 😉

The firms Paul K is thinking of are probably very competent with ProE skeleton and other ProE techniques too, unlike your group, Buddie.

AMEN!

Absolutely AMEN!

Suganthan,

Here are some links to previous threads about using skeletons in Pro-E:

There are also discussions about skeletons on the MCAD Central forum (Pro-E): http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/default.asp

Chris Thompson

www.appianwaytech.com

Hello Buddie

Good Day!!

Skeleton model technique

1.Draw the sketch

2.Publish Geometry

Suganthan Rajamanickam

Pro-e System Analyst

Ingersoll Rand

Sujay

Yes I can.

Skeleton model technique

1.Draw the sketch

2.Publish Geometry

3.Create part, copy the geometry(External) from skeleton.

This method is correct. As we create a external copy geometry in part, It will not refer any top level assembly if we "check in" any of the part in PDM link.

More details you can check with this website. You have to register .

[cid:image001.jpg@01CAC0F3.AB7296C0]
Let me know if you want anything still

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst
Top Tags