cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to do total of table content?

DalbeerSinghSoh
4-Participant

How to do total of table content?

the lenght in table is driven by parameters..

i use relation in assembly to add all the lenght parameters

and is working fine but...

now, i need to add two new angles in this assembly and i want automated addition of length by the time i add them up in assembly.

is it possible? or any solution plz share

untitled.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Dalbeer...

Are you looking for a simple Summation of the lengths in your table? If so, there's literally a Summation command for repeat regions that can handle this (provided those length values are real numbers and not strings).

If I'm misunderstanding your question, please let me know. If you need a picture or some quick step by step instructions, let me know.

Thanks!

-Brian

plz do share

Hi Dalbeer...

Not my usual quality but it's 5:30am and I haven't slept! I hope this gets the point across. Write back if this doesn't make sense.

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Slide4.PNG

I really, really hope that makes sense. The Summation tool is useful but rarely used because it has some idiosyncrasies that need to be heeded for the function to work. This should be what you're looking for. Good luck!

Thanks!

-Brian

Dear Brian,

thanx 4 ur fast prompt. but i think i hvnt explain clearly the problrm .. if u look at the PIC, the table shows 6 itmes from 2-7 where they hv qty and lenght mentioned now i want that the table should calculate sum of all the lenght of parts itself (qty.*length and then total sum). and when i add another part into the assm. it automaticaly genrate the sum in table.

Thanx

-Dalbeer

Put a cell to the right that is the multiplication of the two columns, then use Brian's method to sum up the up the multiplication column.

Hi Dale/Dalbeer...

I went to bed thinking this same thing (as Dale's idea). Basically Dalbeer, you can use a table relation to multiply the quantity value by the length value. Something like:

x = qty * length

Creo/ProE will use this relation to automatically calculate the "x" value for each item in the BOM. Once you have that, you can use the technique I posted the first time to get your summation. As a side note, it may be possible to create the relation and not show the "x" value in it's own column before summing. I haven't tried this though. It may be necessary to add "x" to it's own column before it can be summed. You'll have to give it a try to find out for certain.

If you have trouble with this, just let me know and I'll do another couple of slides to demonstrate.

Thanks!

-Brian

worked fine...

but i dont want the size column...

Untitled.jpg

thanx brian and dale

All

please find that post about weight roll out

Weight rollup in Windchill 10.1 M040

think that need have to be handle in a dynamic cognos report or WPA if you are using full Windchill solution

(but same problem for lightweight Intralink solution)

Due to the dynamic nature of a multilevel structure ...

regards

Top Tags