cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to handle the BASIC dimensions in Pro-E WF5...?

ptc-2720647
1-Newbie

How to handle the BASIC dimensions in Pro-E WF5...?

Hello i was using Pro-E WF3 till date and sincecouple of days i'm using Pro-E WF5. And i'm facing an issues with basic dimensions, like in WF3 for basic dim. with number of instances we have a provision of wrighting that 2X 50.5 into a box. But in WF5 the 2X comes out side the box. Which is irritating me. Hence please help me how to make as WF3, means all should come in a box for basic dimensions as below

Example
2X 50.5

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

The following picture is from Creo 2.0, but I guess this should work in WF3 as well.

boxed_dim.JPG

According to all the conventions of drafting practive, the "2X" belongs outside the box.

But if you insist, You can add that to Jakub's method.

It can go inside the box. You can look on the cover of ASME Y14.5-2009 and see that they put the 8X inside the basic box of the 45degree symbol.

Veerangowda,

Why are you putting a 2x on a basic linear dimension. You might be able to use symmetry lines to achieve what you want. Can you post a larger picture to see where these dimensions are going?

I'll be damned I guess PTC needs to do a bit more work on the basic dimension feature

Scott Wyatt wrote:

It can go inside the box. You can look on the cover of ASME Y14.5-2009 and see that they put the 8X inside the basic box of the 45degree symbol.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ScottWyatt)

I agree with Scott, when I first learned it back in '82 we were taught to put the "2X" in the box as well. It just looks so much cleaner though both ways are acceptable per the spec. What I do is make the dim basic anyway, the just add "@[" in front of the dimand it'll enclose everything, turns out you don't need "@]" at the end like they teach you.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags