cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to hide sweep profile in drawings

efrey
1-Newbie

How to hide sweep profile in drawings

Hello,

I have a helical sweep and a swept blend that show up in my drawings regardless of what layers I hide. Is there a trick to hiding these so they don't show up in the "no hidden" view?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Emery

We suffered a similar issue not so long ago.

Try setting the config.pro option 'mesh_spline_surf' set to no.

Good luck

Neal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:efrey)

Did you try hiding the feature in the model?

efrey
1-Newbie
(To:Inoram)

I need the feature to be present in other views on the sheet.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

You can layer the feature in the model and selectively hide the layer per view in the drawing.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that gets me what I need. In the snapshot below I cannot hide the sweep features or the entire geometry will go away. I need a way of forcing the no hidden view...

mganzer
1-Newbie

Have you tried creating a rule based layer that grabs all curves? You could then hide that layer. Not sure if they are cosmetics or other, but if you can gather them on a layer you can hide them. Here is a sample layer that collects curves.

5-14-2015 10-28-22 AM.png

If you pick the edit rules you can create rules to grab the desired entities.

5-14-2015 10-28-39 AM.png

I did a video on these in a previous life:

Using Rules to control layers in Creo and Pro/ENGINEER - EAC Tip of the Week - YouTube

Emery

We suffered a similar issue not so long ago.

Try setting the config.pro option 'mesh_spline_surf' set to no.

Good luck

Neal

WHOO HOOO!

Thanks for all the replies, changing the config setting did the trick. I would have never have found that one! Below is the image with the fix implemented for reference;

Top Tags