cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to invert dimension

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

How to invert dimension

Hello

I would like to invert dimension as mentioned in snap (marked in red colour).

Any idea will be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

5 REPLIES 5

Not sure what is the target. What does it mean "invert dimensions"? Just flip the arrows? Select the dimension -> RMB -> Flip Arrows

I am concerned about dimension value 4. If I go to property of dimension and set Text Orientation as "Parallel to and above leader", I am not getting like same as what is shown for dimension value 4. 

Hope I have cleared my query. Feel free to revert in case of any confusion.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

(1) Don't understand what you mean by "invert".

(2) Red box encloses three dimensions. Which one is of interest?

(3) One dimension says "diameter 4" but it's not a diameter, is it? It's a thickness.

I am concerned about dimension value 4 (Be it a dia or thickness. this drawing i recieved from vendor). If I go to property of dimension and set Text Orientation, I am not able to find any option which shows text and leader same as dimension value 4.

If I remember right, when a dimension is shown as you have displayed it, horizontal dimensions are always read from the bottom and vertical dimensions from the right (or maybe it's left, memory fades). If a dimension is at an angle, then the drawing option for dimension orientation takes effect and you get parallel to dimension (if set that way).

I think the problem with your drawing is that the dimension appears vertical but is in fact not exactly vertical. That makes Creo think it needs to make the dimension parallel and it decides the orientation.

I don't know how to make the dimension appear to be viewed from the other direction. Maybe you can verify the dimension is exactly vertical. I believe it is not vertical because there is a slight jog in the dimension line.

Top Tags