cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to open a part from a drawing view in Creo 2.0

tvasina-2
1-Newbie

How to open a part from a drawing view in Creo 2.0

Hello,

I need your help. I'd like to open a part or an assembly directly from a drawing view. I am able to select a model in a view, but when I use RMB then there are only 3 options. "Show Model Annotations", "Create BOM Balloon", "Set/Add Drawing Model".

Is there any way how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Tomas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:tvasina-2)

Try selecting the Layout tab, in the Drawing Tree select the view and RMB then select Set/Add Drawing Model, in the Model Tree select the part and RMB Open.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nope, this does not exist in Creo 2.  The only thing you can do is hit the file open dialog and Creo will automatically jump to that sheet's currently active model.

tvasina-2
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Thanks, unfortunately I expected that answer

Kevin
10-Marble

Try selecting the Layout tab, in the Drawing Tree select the view and RMB then select Set/Add Drawing Model, in the Model Tree select the part and RMB Open.

I would prefer an easier way. This is too complicated. I need to open a model directly from a view.

I know that it was possible to implement this functionality into previous version Wildfire 4. I selected a model and used RMB, there was an option "Open a model".

Thanks for your point.

I have already submitted an idea.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Write a mapkey that does the steps Kevin suggested.

I would not expect any new functionality to be added to Creo 2.

Top Tags