cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to remove row based on value column from drawing table created from simple or 2d repeat region ?

danders238
13-Aquamarine

How to remove row based on value column from drawing table created from simple or 2d repeat region ?

Hi,

I have a family tabled part that I need to create multiple drawing tables from and each table will represent a different configuration of a part file (some features excluded, some not).
Based on a parameter called "configuration" and its value I want to exclude rows that are not related to a particular configuration. See the image below of the family table and 3 tables that I want to create from the family table.

How can I filter a simple repeat region to not include data related to an instance that belongs to a type of configuration?

How can I filter a 2d repeat region to not include data related to an instance that belongs to a type of configuration?

danders238_0-1605560482642.png

7 REPLIES 7

@danders238 wrote:

Hi,

I have a family tabled part that I need to create multiple drawing tables from and each table will represent a different configuration of a part file (some features excluded, some not).
Based on a parameter called "configuration" and its value I want to exclude rows that are not related to a particular configuration. See the image below of the family table and 3 tables that I want to create from the family table.

How can I filter a simple repeat region to not include data related to an instance that belongs to a type of configuration?

How can I filter a 2d repeat region to not include data related to an instance that belongs to a type of configuration?

danders238_0-1605560482642.png

Hi,

please upload Creo files packed in single zip file.

Martin Hanák

Hi Marin,

Sorry for the delay!

Here's the files you asked for.

Thanks,

Don A

@danders238 wrote:

Hi Marin,

Sorry for the delay!

Here's the files you asked for.

Thanks,

Don A

Hi,

I think 2D repeat region is not the right way. Even simple repeat region containing fam items is not the right way.

It seems to me that the only solution is the following one:

• create an auxiliary assembly containing all the family table instances
  • add the assembly into drawing as additional drawing model
  • set the assembly as active drawing model
  • create repeat region showing assembly components
  • set filter to display specific family table instances

See uploaded drawing.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately the standards that I'm working with wont allow me to add the extra assembly or create additional parts.  If  I was able to share the actual files it would make sense and communicate the real need that I have for doing this.  I can do it with manual filters by filtering out the parts manually for each table that are not needed by instance name.  would just like to find a way to do it based off of a part configuration ID.

Thanks for taking a look at it!

Don A

@danders238

You may try adding instance name to filter, in combination to other filters . something as in image below.. Will that help?

Mahesh_Sharma_0-1605809751800.png

Hi Mahesh,

That was what I was referring to by doing it manually which requires me to add all of the instance names that are not allowed to show in the 2d repeat region for each configuration.

Don A

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:danders238)

Don,

Try adding a new column to the table, add the configuration parameter to the new column, make the configuration parameter font extremely small, and then make the column width extremely small.  This will allow you to filter on the configuration parameter without it being visible when viewed or printed normally.  You can only see the information if you zoom way in on the column.

Regards,

Dan N.

Top Tags