cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to save Solidworks datums turned off in sldprt file so they don't show up in Creo Assembly?

danders238
13-Aquamarine

How to save Solidworks datums turned off in sldprt file so they don't show up in Creo Assembly?

Hi,

How to save Solidworks datum's turned off in .sldprt file so they don't show up in Creo Assembly when you assemble a native Solidworks file that was saved to Windchill using Solidworks and the Windchill Workgroup Manager for Solidworks?

I have native Solidworks files that the datum's are showing up when the Solidworks part (sldprt) files are assembled in a Creo Assembly.  I'm not allowed to save the layers turned off from creo assembly, as it wants to modify the solidworks part file and creo's not allowed to modify the solidworks files as we are only allowing Solidworks files to be save to windchill by Solidworks through the Solidworks Windchill Workgroup Manager.

The datum's are saved in Solidworks file with the display off but they show up when opened in Creo.

Anyone that works in a dual CAD environment have any ideas how to save the sldprt files in Solidworks so that the datum's are automatically turned off in the assembly with out using "datum display filters" in Creo or without saving the models using Creo?
Want the Solidworks sldprt datum's that are on layers in Creo to be turned off by default.

danders238_0-1617113402573.pngdanders238_1-1617113620564.png

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Don A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:danders238)

Take a look at whatever template Creo is using during the Solidworks import.  Probably the same as your Creo start parts.  Remember, you are not really working with the Solidworks file inside Creo, you are simply working with an imported copy that Creo generates on the fly from the Solidworks data.  (Similar to opening a STEP file.)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:danders238)

Take a look at whatever template Creo is using during the Solidworks import.  Probably the same as your Creo start parts.  Remember, you are not really working with the Solidworks file inside Creo, you are simply working with an imported copy that Creo generates on the fly from the Solidworks data.  (Similar to opening a STEP file.)

danders238
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Would you by chance know if there's a SUP or config setting that would allow for a separate start part template for just import files?

Thanks for the quick reply, I will into that more.  That might be the solutions I'm looking for!

Thanks,

Don A

Perhaps this config.pro setting will allow you to hide the layers in your solidworks component without having to save the component, because the status will be saved in the top-level assembly:

pausob_0-1617160809208.png

(save_display_status_in_submodel NO)

Though I think that the layers with items have to be present in the component in order to control their display state in this way.

Top Tags