cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to show added/created dimension to Required Decimal Places in Creo Drawing?

VinitKadamITT
6-Contributor

How to show added/created dimension to Required Decimal Places in Creo Drawing?

Added Dimensions.gif

In above added dimension (ad3856) I want to show dimension as 14.46 in the Creo 2.0 Drawing.

I want to show without "override", without "Rounded Dimension Value". I want to just show it to two decimal places. (e.g. 14.46). Here I am not getting to set "Decimal Places" area active for added dimensions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The only way to be able to set the decimal places is to also turn on the  "Rounded Dimension Value" check box. There isn't any way to have the dimension shown as a truncated value, i.e. 12.567 with 2 decimal places as 12.56, not rounded as 12.57. Not sure why you would wish to do something like that.

If I absolutely had to have a truncated value in the dimension, I could cheat it by doing something like:

(1) Create your original dimension (the ad3856 one shown above).

(2) Make a relation to calculate the truncated number, ValueTrunc = floor ( ad3856, 2 )

(3) Create a new dimension, the same as your original one in step (1).

(4) Edit the newly created dimension and override the displayed value by changing "@d" to "@o&ValueTrunc[.2]". The "[.2]" part of that limits the display to two decimal places.

(5) Erase the original dimension (the ad3856 one) so it does not show on the drawing anymore (but still exists).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The only way to be able to set the decimal places is to also turn on the  "Rounded Dimension Value" check box. There isn't any way to have the dimension shown as a truncated value, i.e. 12.567 with 2 decimal places as 12.56, not rounded as 12.57. Not sure why you would wish to do something like that.

If I absolutely had to have a truncated value in the dimension, I could cheat it by doing something like:

(1) Create your original dimension (the ad3856 one shown above).

(2) Make a relation to calculate the truncated number, ValueTrunc = floor ( ad3856, 2 )

(3) Create a new dimension, the same as your original one in step (1).

(4) Edit the newly created dimension and override the displayed value by changing "@d" to "@o&ValueTrunc[.2]". The "[.2]" part of that limits the display to two decimal places.

(5) Erase the original dimension (the ad3856 one) so it does not show on the drawing anymore (but still exists).

Top Tags