cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to split this IGES "assembly" that imports as single part

ssharma-2
4-Participant

How to split this IGES "assembly" that imports as single part

Hi all,

I want to split this IGES assembly in single single parts, is there any way.

Thanks,

Shashank Sharma

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ssharma-2)

I imported as an assembly and it is still one piece, so it looks like they exported it that way. So the only why I know of it to make copies and delete out all the surfaces except for the piece you want. Which is almost useless here as it appears to be missing surfaces.

I would say ask who ever you got it from for an assembly in STEP or X_T or whatever.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

I know that some companies only provide single level iges files to protect reverse engineering.

Funny thing is that they rarely take the time to make it an envelope model.

Hi Antonius,

Can you share with me on how to make the assembly to an envelope model? Sometimes I need provide to customer the single level iges for them fit check, the inner features must be removed as to follow company rules, but I didn't find an easy way to quick remove the inner features to generate a single level model.

Your help is really appreciated!

Rick

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:rli)

Search for "shrinkwrap" in the help section. I remember once following a tutorial on the process but cannot find it readily. I am certain someone has some links to get you a guide on how to use this feature.

Top Tags