cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

IDD mode, projecting curve on to surface

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

IDD mode, projecting curve on to surface

Hello!

In the old repair system there was an option to project curves on to surfaces. For example it you were removing a radius in repair mode you deleted the surface that made the radius then edit the surfaces around the new formed gap to change the loop to make everything join again. It was time consuming but it worked.

Does anyone know how to do this in the creo2 IDD? I am trying but have yet to figure it out.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Inoram)

Well, after some reading and practicing I figured out how to do the projection. But using it is another story, I am having trouble with that, but it seems like it might be the quality level of this imported geometry that I am using.

Hello, see in video if this is what you want to do.

Video Link : 4363

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:HugoBarosa)

Hugo,

Thanks for the input! That is not exactly what I was trying to do. More what I was trying to do was like 2 flat surface that touch and have a big hole going through them on the edge where they meet (half a hole in one surface and half in the other) and then try to make the hole smaller by remkaing the wire.

I did it(in the picture) by adding 2 new surfaces. But it doesn't look "correct". Basially that was removing a radius so there was a partial hole there that I projected the curve up to the flat surface. This was the one hole out of about 5 that the Flexible remove would not remove.

hole.JPG

Top Tags