cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

IFX Customizing part roll back

Joey_BMH
6-Contributor

IFX Customizing part roll back

Hi,

I implemented a custom part in an IFX catalog but I didn't know some of our users don't have the full version of IFX. I wanted to roll back the changes so they can still use the catalog but even after replacing back the local 4 ifx folders with the unaltered, original ones, we still get the "Customizing parts is not available in the standard version" message. 

Is there something else I should clear or delete to make IFX work back again on the not-full version?

Thank you,

Joey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joey,

you also have to make sure, that your existing fasteners does only have allowed parameters.

Maybe this is the reason.

You will find a list of all allowable parameters in the OLH:
http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/assembly%2Fintelligent_fastener%2FAllowable_Model_Parameters.html

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maybe @OliverGräbner can help you.

Martin Hanák

Hi Joey,

you also have to make sure, that your existing fasteners does only have allowed parameters.

Maybe this is the reason.

You will find a list of all allowable parameters in the OLH:
http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/assembly%2Fintelligent_fastener%2FAllowable_Model_Parameters.html

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Oliver,

just to be sure, if we use a hexbolt model that is stored on the windchill server that has custom parameters, then IFX will detect it has a custom part, regardless of what is in the local IFX folder?

Thank you,

Joey

Hi Joey,

that's right. If you create your fastener parts with custom parameters and upload those files to Windchill, then these parts are reused by IFX - no new parts are created. 

But of course those parts cannot be assembled with the free version.

If you want to use the paid version, you have to create all parts again and remove the old ones or you have to create parts with other names (without custom parameters).

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags