cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Image (Decal) on Part Surface not displayed at assembly

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Image (Decal) on Part Surface not displayed at assembly

Hi Folks,

I have added an image (decal) to a part surface.  My assembly includes two of these parts.  However, only one of the parts in the assembly is displaying the decal.  The second part does not show the decal.  Any ideas as to why this is?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:wbottis)

Don't know exactly why, but can see the same issue here on 4.0 m130.

I think it has to do with how CREO treats images.  Every image you add to a model is loaded as a separate image even if it comes from the same file.  I suspect that only the first one shows up because CREO thinks it is already loaded when the second instance of the model is added to the assembly.  Your might want to try using Appearances to add your decal image.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
dwillms
3-Visitor
(To:kdirth)

I confirm this is still the case with Creo 8. The first instance in the model tree has the image correctly displayed on its surface, but subsequent instances do not. If the model tree is reordered, always the first instance of model gains the image. 

dwillms
3-Visitor
(To:kdirth)

And I confirm the same behaviour with Creo 10. Maybe it's a feature?

Top Tags