cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Importing SpaceClaim file formats?

EdCouch
1-Newbie

Importing SpaceClaim file formats?

I am having difficulty loading exported Spaceclaim files into Pro-E. When using a .stp file, I am unable to the remove the hiddlen lines in a drawing view. A sectional drawing view is really affected. I've tried multiple box selections in the files display area. Using a parasolid binary exported file from SpaceClaim gives me multiple layers that define each part. However, the hiddlen lines can be removed in the drawing views.

I have also noticed when trying to clean up the files using Import Data Doctor that round holes have multiple segments. By this I mean that they are composed of radii and arc segments for entities. I can use Import Data Doctor to clean up thes individual entities. However, this is time consuming to perform.

Is there a cleaner file format that I can import?

Is there a faster way to clean the imported geometry in Pro-E without having to delete geometry?

edc@newtoninst.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags