cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Intralink-duplicate vs. pdmlink-save as

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Intralink-duplicate vs. pdmlink-save as

In the olden times (a couple of months ago), when Intralink (3.4) was KING, I used to use duplicate as a tool for making my new next project from my old current project. I would simply start at the top level drawing and model and duplicate that. Later, I would duplicate sub-level components and I would use UPDATE PARENTS to keep my new top level assembly populated with the new sub-level components. My guiding principle was that if I started with the top level assembly (and drawing) I could always duplicate sub-components (and their drawings) and use UPDATE PARENTS and I could automagically keep my top level up-to-date.

In todays times, now that PDMLink (9.1) is KING, I am trying to us SAVE-AS as my tool to make my new project. I went about it using the same process. I started with the top assy and drawing and made my new top level assy and drawing. A few moments later, I tried to SAVE-AS a sub-level component and drawing but I can't update the parent because it is "modified locally".

Do I have to "check-in" every time I need to dupli....sorry...SAVE AS in PDMLink? Is there a problem with my process that I am just not seeing and I could just click a simple button and solve all my problems?

I am just having a hard time thinking that it is intended functionality that I can't modify something locally if it is already MODIFIED LOCALLY????

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

ABRACADABRA!!!

Dan fixed me up. It’s as easy as clicking upload before doing the SAVE-AS. Sometimes there is an easy answer.

Steve

Top Tags