cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Intro to Excel Tables and Power Query for Creo Users!

DavidBigelow
17-Peridot

We did a webinar last week with Elite Digital Enterprise to help educate people on Microsoft Excel Tables and Power Query functionality.

The Webinar was focused on Bill of Materials (BOM) Data, covering the problems typically encountered using conventional Excel Approaches (Cell Address/Named Range References) and why Excel Tables and especially Power Query should be more widely used/adopted.

Creo BOM export techniques and options were also covered as well as a live example of exporting Creo BOM data to Excel Tables (via Nitro-BOM) and Manipulating them with Power Query to automatically summarize costs.

We hope you find this webinar useful.

4 REPLIES 4

That's a good presentation! Thanks for sharing. I knew most of this stuff, but it's nice to get a refresher.

Thanks for that feedback!

We have seen enough people "nodding heads" -- trying to run off and figure it out... and getting stuck (not willing to acknowledge they are stuck) when it comes to Excel alone.

So we figured a good basic introduction with some practical examples might be a good thing to help refresh and step forward into Excel functionality.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave

Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:DavidBigelow)

Thank you very much for this presentation, I did not know anything about Power Query!!

My  little contribution to this excel post: you can do a dynamic range name using offset.

YES - Power Query is a very hidden capability compared to the rest of Excel...   So glad you got something out of that presentation.

And good thought on the offset.   We use "indirect" a lot for similar things - also powerful, but painful at the same time.

Dave

Top Tags