cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Invitation: PTC Creo 4.0 Pre-Beta User Experience (UX) Testing

ljin-2
2-Guest

Invitation: PTC Creo 4.0 Pre-Beta User Experience (UX) Testing

https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=169840

PTC Creo 4.0 is coming and we need your help! We are significantly improving the selection and command-access workflows to enhance your personal productivity, and make PTC Creo even easier to use. The initial feedback from customer meetings and technical user committees were very positive and now we want to know what you think about the UX enhancements

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:ljin-2)

A helpful analysis of a UI is a directed graph showing all of the software endpoints and the routes to them starting at the command top level, including all the prerequisites. Then one can compare the various versions of Pro/E and Creo to determine if there has been an improvement in the selection and command-access workflows.

One direction development has been going is to decrease discoverability. Has that been reversed? The other area that has been continuous is to place negating selections directly adjacent - such as Commit right next to Cancel, making a slight misposition of the mouse pointer result in undoing a sometimes significant amount of work.

I tried signing up but on submission, the page locked up with the forever spinning "please wait!".

And that was after all the trouble of finding my customer number and service contract number.

"but we asked you to participate..."  ...and I tried!

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Maybe they got enough people already?

I, too, have an unending spinner on the page after hitting [submit], but I also received an email from PTC saying "thanks for signing up".  I'd check your junk mail to make sure it was not accidentally caught and filtered.

I guess they still need endorsements. There's at least one other participant asking for participants to say how much they like it.

I'm still confused about the User Experience part. It's a screen, a keyboard, and a mouse with a GUI. So not much to experience. Now if it was a 6 axis motion platform with a Recaro seat and a beverage machine and a snack-bar, that's experience. Make it complete with penta-phonic sound (Hi Tomita!) and they'll have something.

But it's like when they started referring to things users can't touch as 'Feel' as in "Luk n Feel." Shoddy semantics for sure.

I had the same problem in Chrome but it worked using IE with an updated version of Silverlight. It prompted me to update Silverlight when I first loaded the page in IE.

Wow!... and this is a software company using these unreliable tools?  This should be more than embarrassing! 

Using IE made it work, kinda. I got email that I applied but in browser all i had was spinning wait thingy.

Top Tags