cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is export graph to Excel limited to 100 points in Creo Simulate?

R.Rabe
1-Newbie

Is export graph to Excel limited to 100 points in Creo Simulate?

Hello all

Although the issue may be around since old versions, the help file for “Exporting Results” does not explicitly indicate any point limitation when exporting a graph to Excel.

Basically I ran a thermal transient analysis that converged to stead state in a bit more than 170 steps. After I plotted the graph “Temperature x Time” and it was not complete. I had to changed the X scale to howed all points.

However when exporting the graph as excel only the 1st 100 points were exported – independently how the graph was formatted.

Is 100 points export in excel and the fact that it ignores the format of the graph a real software limitation or a bug?

In any case, how I can take all the data generated during a transient analysis (or even other analysis that outputs more than 100 points).

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Best regards

R. Rabe

Ps: Another funny thing with Creo and excel is that each time that I copy the values from a Creo generated excel file into a new excel file it freezes the new spreadsheet – the unique option is thus to close it!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:R.Rabe)

I couldn't find reports about this limitation in our database. Should probably investigated.

Have you received any info in the message lin, telling you that only 100 results are exported?

Does anyone else have similar experience with excel export?

R.Rabe
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

No, there was no warning that the 100 first points are the limit.

I found this issue only after exporting a transient analysis graph. Creo 2 Thermal was exporting only the 1st 100 points independently of how the graph (range) was formatted. The full analysis generated around 170 pints but only the first 100's could be exported. I could never export the last values (steady state).

In order to have a quick work around and to have some points when it reaches the steady state I ran the same simulation defined in 10 steps from 5000 to 10000 seconds.

For my surprise the graph did not had only 10 points (the 10 steps that I set) as we get in any LDA analysis but more than 100 points (but yet not all points) - including the final set for the steps (in my case the value at 10000 seconds).

For me it was fine but as it seems you cannot really choose the range to be exported - Creo decides itself.

About the issue that copy values from a Creo’s Excel exported file freezes the new spreadsheet, this happens all time, not only in thermal. For my remembering I had no issue in the last version that I was using (Mechanica WF4).

Top Tags